Ways To Reduce Stress
Click here to
view these tips in PDF format.
(You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader® installed to view the PDF
file. Click here
to download it from the Adobe website.)
1. Everyday, do
something you really enjoy.
2. Get enough sleep.
3. If you always rush in the morning, get up 15 minutes earlier.
4. Prepare for the morning the evening before.
5. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
6. Learn to live one day at a time.
7. Turn off the television and enjoy the quiet.
8. Get an answering machine or unplug your phone.
9. Take a break.
10. Learn to say "no."
11. Wear earplugs.
12. Do something nice for someone.
13. Whatever you want to do tomorrow, do today; whatever you want to do today, do it now.
14. Don't rely on your memory; buy a pocket calendar.
15. Use the 80/20 rule (don't be a perfectionist).
16. Go for a walk on the beach, or in a park.
17. Eliminate (or restrict) caffeine.
18. Drive at or under the speed limit.
19. Close you eyes for a few moments (obviously at a safe opportunity).
20. Listen to soothing, "stress free" music.
21. Always have a backup plan.
22. Count your blessings.
23. Ask questions and repeat back.
24. Turn needs into preferences.
25. Simplify your life.
26. Make friends with non-worriers.
27. Take a hot bath or shower (or cool one in summer) to relieve tension.
28. Organize your home & workspace so that you know where things are.
29. Check your breathing.
30. Get up and stretch periodically.
31. Make duplicates of all keys.
32. Exercise regularly.
33. Plan ahead.
34. Talk it out.
35. Do something that will improve your appearance.
36. Schedule a realistic day.
37. Become more flexible.
38. Take care of the todays as best as you can, and the
yesterdays and tomorrows will take care of themselves.
39. Do one thing at a time.
40. Do unpleasant tasks early in the day & get them over with.
41. Learn to delegate.
42. Don't forget to take a lunch break.
43. Count to 1000.
44. Have a forgiving view of events & people.
45. Have an optimistic view of life.
46. Don't sweat the small stuff.
47. Practice preventive maintenance.
48. Plan to arrive early.
49. Be prepared to wait.
50. For a change of pace, do something else for a while.
51. Don't put up with something that doesn't work right.
52. Keep the big picture in mind. Sometimes, we need to step back to see the forest when
the trees in front of us block our view.
Back to Weight Loss Tips
Source: Some of these tips provided by the American Heart Association
Home | Products | Search
1322 Abbott Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43614
Copyright ©1998 . All Rights Reserved.
for a complete list of weight loss products.